EY Ford Rhodes Jobs Assistant Manager Assurance:
Organization: EY Ford Rhodes
Position: Assistant Manager – Assurance
As part of our External Audit team, you’ll experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll help our clients meet their reporting requirements by providing an objective and independent examination of their financial statements. In addition, you will conduct timely and constructive discussions with the management on accounting and reporting matters and provide a robust and clear perspective to audit committees. In doing so, you play an important role in providing services to clients such as responding to regulatory reforms, managing capital life cycle and improving business operations.
Skills and attributes for success
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating team members on progress
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the assurance teams and listen/respond to other assurance team members’ views
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the audit client’s environment.
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
To qualify for the role, you must have
- CA Qualified with no more than 2 years of post-articles experience
- Preferably with client experience from:
- Commercial banks
- Financial clients
- Strong knowledge of IFRSs and ISAs;
- Practical knowledge of IFRS – 9;
- Must have experience of audit of commercial banks;
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong analytical skills
- Good project management skills
- Adaptable and thrive in changing environments;
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and decisive to ascertain business process problems and recommend solutions;
- Proficiency in MS office application
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.?
What working at EY offers
As one of our valued employees in EY, you get to work with inspiring, meaningful and challenging projects. Our focus is education and coaching alongside practical experience to ensure your personal development. At EY we value our employees and you will be able to control your own development with an individual progression plan. You will quickly grow into a responsible role with challenging and stimulating assignments. In addition to these, you will be part of an interdisciplinary environment that encourages high quality and knowledge exchange. Furthermore, we offer excellent working conditions, in a stimulating, inclusive and enjoyable environment.
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
About EY: As a global leader in assurance, tax, consulting, strategy and transaction services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply now.