Lahore University of Management Sciences LUMS Jobs November 2022:
Organization: Lahore University of Management Sciences LUMS
Position: Grants Development & Compliance Specialist
Position Purpose: The incumbent will primarily be acting as grants development & compliance specialist for the research programs being managed by the Office of Research (OR), LUMS. The role involves the identification of funding opportunities, review of research proposals, and complete management of the Pre-Award phase of the OR functions.
• Complete Pre-Award project management of externally funded grants, including but not limited to review of research proposals, and budgets; Liaison with the applicants and donors; timely submission of proposals, and announcement of results.
• Identification of research, consultancy, travel & events funding opportunities from Local & International donors and sharing them with the faculty and students. • Coordinate with donors, and attend meetings/online sessions on behalf of OR to seek clarity on donor’s requirements & guidelines.
• Review Technical & Financial proposals and get the required approvals from Higher Management. Align work packages with the budget and overall project scope. Ensure adherence to LUMS Policies & donor guidelines. Suggest improvements in proposals, considering specific requirements for each donor. The activity may include preparing budget for the applicants on case-to-case basis.
• Coordinate with other departments and arrange all Organization related supporting documentation, required for proposal submission.
• Maintain internal database of all funding opportunities & proposal submissions
• Account management for all national and international donors. Ensure to submit applications timely on the online portals, where applicable.
• Prepare business plans for the proposed research outcome. Coordinate with the legal team of OR for projects that may have a potential for commercialization.
• Conduct due diligence for the organization. The incumbent will prepare and collect all documentation and coordinate with internal/external departments.
• Assist in getting ethics approval for the research studies.
• Review LUMS research policies on a time-to-time basis and devise new policies, if required.
• Contribute to the preparation of annual assessment reports for the department.
• Follow up with donors and faculty members to track the application status and keep the internal record updated.
• Assist in conducting training sessions related to proposal preparation
• Extracting data and compiling research-related information in MS Excel for the consumption of stakeholders.
• Preparation of PowerPoint presentations and reports at regular intervals.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of Project Management practices is a must.
• Budgeting experience
• Donor agencies’ Relationship Management
• Effective interpersonal communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Excellent analytical abilities and grip on MS Excel
• Ability to work under strict deadlines and manage multiple assignments concurrently
• Team player
To qualify for the role, you must have:
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a relevant field from an HEC-recognized institution.
• At least 3-5 years of relevant experience. Apply
Position: Lead Students Loans & Grants
Job Purpose: Provide managerial support in managing student loan records, endowment records, and scholarships.
• Management of student financial aid tagging and financial aid disbursement details along with a source of funding.
• Management of student loan records, disbursement, and repayment data.
• Management of Loan follow-up function.
• Management of donation records, issuance of donation invoices, issuance of donor acknowledgment letters, preparation and issuance of scheduled and ad-hoc donor fund utilization reports.
• Management of endowment and scholarship fund records.
• Creation of Derivation Rules in the system and reconciliation between SAP and Zambeel data.
• Handling of Adhoc student queries and communication with the general student body.
• Participation in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
• Management of the development of static reports and dynamic dashboards that provide complete, reliable, accurate, and timely business information.
• Collaboration with the other department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
• Supervise a team of up to 2-3 members.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Understanding of accounting standards and principles
• Strong grip on MS-Office
• Big data handling
• Working experience in ERP systems
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Client and public handing
• Excellent analytical abilities
• Ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently and perform under strict timelines
• Strong presentation skills
• Team play
To qualify for the role, you must have: ACCA, ACMA, MBA Finance with at least 5 years of relevant experience OR Part Qualified CA with Articleship Completed. Apply