VentureDive Jobs Legal Counsel:
We are hiring!
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? VentureDive, recognized as the Best Place to Work and Most Fun Place to Work in Pakistan, has an open position for a Legal Counsel in Karachi.
Job Brief: We are seeking a corporate lawyer, experienced in an international and local business environment, ideally with experiences gained at multi-national organizations, most preferably in information technology-related domains.
VentureDive Overview: Founded in 2012 by veteran technology entrepreneurs from MIT and Stanford, VentureDive is the fastest growing technology company in the region that develops and invests in products and solutions that simplify and improve lives of people world-wide. We aspire to create a technology organization and an entrepreneurial ecosystem in the region that are recognized as second to none in the world.
- Advise on a variety of legal issues and legal risks.
- Draft, review, edit, interpret, and advise on contracts and other legal documents.
- Review and provide legal advice on MOUs, Contracts, and tender documents.
- Development of contract templates, reusable language clauses, and forms;
- Identifying legal and business risks in agreements; verifying that business objectives are accomplished; project managing negotiations; tracking and meeting deadlines, coordinating the input and approval of various stakeholders; providing reports of activities and progress; and training personnel on contracts principles, strategies, and processes.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements in the countries where we work.
- As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff
- Develop understanding of company policies and procedures relating to contract management, governance, due diligence etc. of the company and its subsidiaries as well as the various online tools and portals used by the Legal Affairs department.
- Provide legal advice over all aspects pertaining to any new strategic initiatives and ventures including investments, new business lines etc.
- Assist in streamline processes and procedures pertaining to key risk areas such as data protection, anti-bribery and anti-corruption etc
- Provide opinions and legal advice to personnel at all levels of the business on existing and new commercial arrangements.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Law degree with 2-5 years of experience working for multi-national companies, focused on corporate law.
- Exposure and experience with local/Pakistani laws is very important for the role.
- Candidates with corporate law experience involving Mergers & Acquisitions, especially involving Intellectual Property and/or Software, or experience at Telcos, and exposure around international law areas involving data protection etc, shall be preferred.
- Candidates who are lifelong learners, who stay abreast of evolving local and international laws, shall distinguish themselves.
- A conscientious, self-driven professional is sought, who would work per business deadlines, and be able to juggle multiple and evolving priorities well.
- Immaculate written and verbal communication skills.
What we look for beyond required skills
In order to thrive at VentureDive, you
- are intellectually smart and curious
- have the passion for and take pride in your work
- deeply believe in VentureDive’s mission, vision, and values
- have a no-frills attitude
- are a collaborative team player
- are ethical and honest