PESCO Jobs Chief Law Officer:
PESCO is a Public Limited Company incorporated under the Companies Act 2017. PESCO distributes and supplies electricity to more than 3.7 million consumers within defined geographical areas of KPK. We believe Human Resource is the Key Asset that will enable PESCO to realize its Vision we also believe that it Is the quality of the Human Resources and the Effectiveness of its Organization Structure that will enable
PESCO to meet stakeholder’s expectations for all times to come. PESCO is seeking the services of a dynamic and qualified professional with relevant experience for the following position:-
Position: Chief Law Officer
Chief Law officer will report to Chief Executive Officer PESCO and shall manage and oversee PESCO’s Legal Department and monitor litigation matters of PESCO and shall be responsible for dealing with Litigation, Legal, Labor, Corporate Affairs and Regulatory affairs of the Company_
• Overall responsible for legal matters and aspects of PESCO.
• Review, Improve and Develop PESCO’s Legal Policies & processes.
• Provide legal services and support to all Departments in PESCO.
• Manage and Oversee all litigation cases including Corporate, Constitutional, Civil, service and criminal
matters for the company.
• Render Legal Opinion to BoD, CEO and management staff on matters of multifarious nature pertaining to Tariff, Service, Labor, Civil, Corporate, Criminal, Banking and Energy Sector etc. including vetting and drafting of legal documents and agreements
• Identify, analyse, and provide appropriate legal guidance and counsel to management to protect PESCO’s interest
• Ensure compliance with regulatory code and keep current update on any legal change and regulations.
• Review legal documents of the company and ensure Its legal protection like assets maintenance, agreements and other court orders compliance
• Manage & Coordinate Company Affairs with Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) In the matters of Tariff, Consumer Affairs and Performance Standards, etc.
• Liaise with panel lawyers for effective defense of company’s stance before the courts.
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
• Minimum LLB (LLM / Bar at Law will be given preference).
• Minimum 10 Years of Experience In corporate Law, regulatory or commercial affairs out of which regulatory or Power Sector experience of 3-years will be preferred.
• Candidate with reported judgment will be preferred.
• Strong Interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage at all levels and attention to detail.
Remuneration & Age:
• Candidate will be offered market based compensation package
• Ideal candidate must be less than 55-years of age
• Initial contract shall be a period of three years effective from the date of joining, extendable as per Rules on the basis of performance.
How to Apply: Application forms are available on PESCO website and should be submitted through internet on PESCO website www.pesco.gov.pk or through post along with detailed CV, attested copies of testimonials, three references and a recent photograph. Degrees must be verified by HEC. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
a) Any or all applications can be rejected without assigning any reason
b) Departmental candidates if any, are required to apply through proper channel.
c) PESCO is an equal opportunity employer: female candidates are equally encouraged to apply.
d) Last date for submission of application is 26-04-2021.
Published Date: 10 April 2021
Newspaper Name: Dawn