Crescent Steel and Allied Products Ltd Jobs Senior Officer Taxation
Organization: Crescent Steel and Allied Products Ltd
We are inviting applications for the position of Senior Officer Taxation to join our Head Office located in Karachi.
- Assist in tax affairs of the Company and the group including outstanding refund status, appeals, proceedings and tax audits etc.
- Assist in development and updation of Corporate Tax Planning document.
- Ensure timely and accurate tax payments and regulatory filings to avoid penalties and timely implementation of regulatory changes in the ERP relating to tax.
- Prepare tax budget based on budgeted profit and loss account and CAPEX budget.
- Prepare tax disclosure note for the purpose of financial statements and yearly tax status disclosure note for incorporating in the Annual Report.
- Update management on legislations and industry practice covering income tax, sales tax and corporate law.
- Assist in preparation of provision for tax working and related information to external and internal auditors.
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of income tax (advance tax) including withholding income tax.
- Prepare monthly income tax, deferred tax, WPPF and WWF computations for the purpose of management accounts.
- Upload monthly and annual statements of withholding tax on the E-FBR web portal and E-file the Company’s annual income tax return.
- Prepare annual advance income tax estimate/quarterly self-payment, after adjustment of outstanding determined/assessed refunds and advise for obtaining exemption certificate.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of ledger of Advance Income Tax deductions for imports, supplies, customers, banks, brokers, rental income and utilities with documentary evidence.
- Collect and update certificates and original income tax challans/CPRs from the persons collecting/deducting tax from Company’s income.
- Prepare withholding income tax challans/CPRs and dispatch them to the persons from whom tax is deducted/collected by the Company.
- Ensure timely payment of sales tax and supervise preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of input and output register of sales tax with general ledger and inventory.
- Respond to queries and notices from the tax authorities
- Coordinate internally with Finance and Control Department personnel for tax related queries.
To apply, scan the QR code or fill the application form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe-o9DkZC-fYPMg6k5XUlIs3DGLoZFshspwXPC9ApcFsyL0Rw/viewform